Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ezekiel 16:62

“Thus I will establish My covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the LORD.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Thus I will establish (quwm: raise, perform, confirm, set, to be proven, to be fulfilled) My covenant (beriyth: alliance, pledge, ordinance, agreement) with you, and you shall know (yada`: perceive, understand, acknowledge, consider, find out and discern, recognize, confess) that I am the LORD.”

SUMMARY

I will establish and fulfill My alliance and agreement with you, and when I do, you shall understand and confess that I am LORD.

MEDITATION

When we see the covenant that the LORD has made with us, we see our error. He is never failing, never changing – He is the perfect covenant keeper. Whenever we address Him, there is no doubt that He is the One that is true to His promises. My friend, it is not our place to doubt God’s intentions or actions. While I believe it is healthy, as in any relationship, to ask Him “why?”, I also believe that there must, in the same breath, be an absolute trust in Him. What He establishes, no man can move. What He establishes endures to the end. Today, talk to Him – perceive and confess that He is LORD.

No comments: