Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2 Corinthians 2:15

“For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved (sozo: made whole, healed, kept safe and sound, rescued from danger or destruction) and among those who are perishing (apollumi: destroy, lose, be lost, abolished, ruined).”

SUMMARY

For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being made whole and rescued from danger and also among those who are lost and perishing.

MEDITATION

Last night, as my wife and I were driving home from one of our weekly gatherings, a Jeep that was in front of us hit a large deer. Just as the deer was jettisoned across the highway and into the opposite shoulder, my wife looked up and watched it fly across the other lane. Being an avid animal lover, she was pretty upset. As silly as some may think it is, it bothered her, and me too, to an extent (I’m a softee, I can admit it OK!). As she wiped a few tears, I instantly thought about how little we’re moved over those around us that are facing the same demise – a blindsided from out of nowhere death. It is reality - all those who are not hidden with Christ upon death are without hope, facing separation from God for eternity. So today I encourage you to do what I’m doing myself – see who is around me that is living in darkness and bound for spiritual death. Time is short, no matter how you look at it. Overlook no opportunity and shine your Light for all to see - someone’s eternity may depend on it. It is time we seek to possess the heart of our Father.

No comments: