Wednesday, November 12, 2008

1 John 4:11

“Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Beloved (agapetos: dearly beloved, well beloved, esteemed, dear, favorite, worthy of love), if God so loved (agapao: beloved, to love dearly) us, we also ought (opheilo: owe, be bound, one's duty, be a debtor, be indebted) to love one another.”

SUMMARY

I say to you, one who is worthy of my love, as God so loved us so dearly, we also are indebted to love one another dearly.

MEDITATION

To get right to the point – there is not one who is not worthy of your love, if you walk in the love of the Father who first loved you. When I don’t have unshakeable love for others, it is always rooted in my poor understanding of how great the LORD’s love is for me. I have been shown patience, kindness, forgiveness, compassion and love – all without measure. When I understand this as reality, I can’t help but love all of those around me. Today, ponder on the great love that God has poured out upon you. He sees you with the eyes of a Father – overlooking your shortcomings, mistakes and character flaws. He sees His beautiful Creation – you. Today, let’s love as we’ve been loved.

No comments: