Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Romans 13:14

“But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“But put on (enduo: be clothed with, clothed in, have on, arrayed in) the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision (pronoia: forethought, providential care, consideration) for the flesh (sarx: human nature, the earthly nature of man apart from divine influence, and therefore prone to sin and opposed to God) in regard to its lusts (epithumia: desires, lusting after, craving, longing, desires for what is forbidden).”

SUMMARY

Clothe yourself in the Lord Jesus Christ and don’t even consider or think about your fleshly desires that long for what opposes God.

MEDITATION

Now this is a verse that we can all surely use today! In a world that attempts to cater to your flesh’s every need, it is time to make no room for it. I’ve had something in my life that held me bound and oppressed for the majority of my days, yet I am now victorious over it because I no longer even allow the thought of it to dwell within me. Today, deliberatley decide to put on Christ and make sure that you give no time for thoughts of doubt, fear and sin to find a home in you. In Christ, you are now a holy dwelling where He abides - keep your house clean!

No comments: