Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Psalm 103:10

"He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities." (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

"He has not dealt (`asah: done, made, wrought, deal, commitment, offer, executed, kept, shown, worked, performed) with us according to our sins (chet': faults, grievously, offences, guilt for sin), nor rewarded (gamal: dealt bountifully with, done, bestowed, recompensed, served, repaid) us according to our iniquities (`avon: punishment, faults, mischief, sin, perversity, depravity, guilty condition)."

SUMMARY

He has not executed what He should have against us according to our sins and offences, nor has He repaid us according to our sin, perversity and guilty condition.

MEDITATION

Do you ever stop and praise God for what He hasn’t done? Yes, you heard me correctly. I lived the majority of my life in complete disobedience to Him. I still have instances where I choose to walk according to my flesh instead of the freedom that He has given me. Yet He still loves me – He still pursues me. He has not dealt with me as I deserve – Praise You Lord for what You have not done!

No comments: