Saturday, September 6, 2008

1 Thessalonians 5:3

“While they are saying, ‘Peace and safety!’ then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape." (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“While they are saying, ‘Peace and safety!’ then destruction (olethros: ruin, destroy, death) will come upon them suddenly (aphides: unawares, unexpected, unforeseen) like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape (ekpheugo: flee, seek safety in flight)."

SUMMARY

While everyone is saying all is well, destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not be able to flee and find safety.

MEDITATION

I’ve been having extremely vivid dreams lately that are centered around “end times” events. They are often so different than what I perceive them to be in my carnal mind. I believe with my entire being that God is challenging me to be a watchman in this hour and speak of what is inevitably coming. The sleeping church must rise from her slumber and see! Friends, I implore you, you must be ready. Make every effort to place your solace, your security in God alone. All else will absolutely fail.

No comments: