Monday, September 15, 2008

Psalm 101:3

“I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“I will set no worthless (beliya`al: wicked, ungodly, evil, unprofitable) thing before my eyes; I hate the work (`asah: do, make, wrought, work, perform, fashion, produce, effect) of those who fall away (suwt: turn aside, to swerve); It shall not fasten (dabaq: cleave, follow hard, overtake, stick to, abide, catch) its grip on me.”

SUMMARY

I will set no wicked and unprofitable thing before me; I hate what those who turn aside do; It shall not stick to and overtake me!

MEDITATION

In a world of passive Christianity and weak-kneed Believers, I ask, where is this kind of mindset in today’s Body of Christ? If we were to translate this verse to match today’s viewpoint, it would likely say, “I won‘t set too many worthless things before my eyes; Who am I to judge the works of those who fall away? I‘m just like anybody else so it‘s probably coming to me next, after all, I'm just a sinner anyway.“ No! No! No! Be strong in the Lord today my friend! You are to be an overcomer, more than a conqueror - do you even know this? Boldly proclaim what you will and will not do. Today, know who and Whose you are and stand confident against all that comes your way!

No comments: