Sunday, September 7, 2008

Psalm 19:7

“The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The law (towrah: direction, instruction) of the LORD is perfect (tamiym: without blemish, upright, without spot, uprightly, whole, complete, sound, complete or entirely in accord with truth and fact), restoring the soul; The testimony (`eduwth: witness) of the LORD is sure ('aman: faithful, sure, established, verified), making wise (chakam: to be wise) the simple (pethiy: simple ones, foolish, simplicity, naive).”

SUMMARY

The Law of the Lord is entirely perfect and complete truth, restoring the soul; the testimony and witness of the Lord is faithful and established, making wise the simple, naïve ones.

MEDITATION

Recently, several people have asked me how I understand and explain the Word the way that I do. My response could not be more simple - it is my daily choosing to live by the Spirit, diligently seeking the Lord and spending time in His Word. You see, the law of the Lord and our love for it is powerful - it is creative - it is alive! I am simple and foolish in my own efforts and intellect. But by seeking things above, not earthly things, my mind is renewed and literally conformed into the mind of Christ. Again, it is the Word simply being the Word. I encourage you today to step out and truly LIVE the Word. It is true, it is real, it is more alive than any other thing you could ever know.

No comments: