Saturday, September 27, 2008

James 4:10

“Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.”

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Humble (tapeinoo: bring or make low, to assign a lower rank or place to, to have a modest opinion of one's self) yourselves in the presence (enopion: sight) of the Lord, and He will exalt (hupsoo: lift up on high, raise to the very summit of opulence and prosperity, to raise to dignity, honor and happiness) you.”

SUMMARY

Set yourself as low before the presence of the Lord and He will lift you up to a place of dignity and honor.

MEDITATION

What a backwards theology this seems to be. When I humble myself and approach God as one understanding that He is the high and lofty One, He exalts me. It is truly amazing that God even chooses to have me in His presence, let alone lift me up to a place of honor. Today, realize that God desires to be the One to raise you up if you’d only approach Him in humility.

No comments: