Thursday, August 25, 2011

Revelation 1:10

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard (akouo: hearken, give audience, hearer, not deaf, to attend to, consider what is or has been said, understand, perceive, comprehend) behind me a loud voice (phone [fo-nay']: sound, speech, tongue, a disclosure) like the sound of a trumpet.”


SUMMARY

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard and perceived behind me a loud voice disclosing things to me as the sound of a trumpet.

MEDITATION

When was the last time you were “in the spirit”? (I’ll pause and let you think about it.) OK. As Believers of this same Gospel as John the Revelator and fellow followers of Christ should we too not be found “in the spirit” on regular occasion? Sadly, flesh-fueled Christianity abounds in every corner of this modern day. Perhaps it’s safe to say that it always has. Most circles even go as far as viewing clearly biblical “spiritual activity” as inappropriate and shameful. For the Body of Christ to have any hope in this hour, we must individually hear what the Spirit is saying and move accordingly. Today, unplug from the sensory overload of the flesh. Exercise your spirit man. Who knows, you too may just hear a voice like the sound of a trumpet.

No comments: