Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Philippians 4:4

“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Rejoice (chairo: be glad, joy, hail, greeting, rejoice exceedingly, to be well, thrive) in the Lord always (pantote: ever, evermore, at all times); again I will say, rejoice!”

SUMMARY

Rejoice exceedingly and be glad in the LORD at all times, forevermore; again I will say rejoice exceedingly!

MEDITATION

Isn’t it easy to be glad and joyful when you get that new promotion? Or how about when you receive a great gift from someone? We could all think of dozens of scenarios that would bring us to rejoicing. But what about when unwanted situations come our way? What about when a loved one dies unexpectedly, your car breaks down when you’re out of state or you just found out that you son was expelled from school? Life is full of ups and downs, wouldn’t you say? I’ve learned over the years (and perhaps am still learning) that rejoicing over the greatness of my Father and this awesome life that He’s given me, even in the midst of tough times, is a powerful force. You see, we’re programmed to think that victory is only attained when things turn out exactly how we think they should. This however is simply not the case. Victory is found buried within my response to the circumstances that come my way. Today, rejoice in the LORD… always.

No comments: