Friday, October 26, 2012

Lamentations 3:22b-23a


“[For the LORD’S] compassions never fail. They are new every morning.”

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“[For the LORD’S] compassions (checed: kindness, goodness, favor, mercies) never fail (kalah: end, finish, accomplish, cease). They are new (chadash: fresh) every morning (boqer: break of day, coming of daylight).”

SUMMARY

The compassions, kindness, goodness, favor and mercies of the Lord never fail. They are fresh and new at the breaking daylight of every morning.

MEDITATION

This verse should have us all doing cartwheels across our bedroom floors as we arise in the morning to start each day. The Lord, full of compassion and mercy has given us hope for each new day and that hope is His lovingkindess. I’ve always wrestled with the issue of dragging my yesterdays into my todays. For many, many years I would not approach God “today” because of my “yesterday”. I had failed to understand that here, in the now of a new day, the compassions of my Father were beckoning me unto Him. So today, is there anything in your past that is spoiling your present, spiritually? Arise and shine for today is a new day! Rejoice and breathe in the fresh goodness of the Lord! 

No comments: