Monday, June 1, 2009

Mark 11:24

“Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them”. (NKJV)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask (aiteo: desire, require, crave, call for) when you pray, believe (pisteuo: commit to, trust, think to be true, place confidence in, be persuaded) that you receive them, and you will have them”.

SUMMARY

Therefore I say to you, whatever things you desire and call out for when you pray, place you confidence in the fact that you will receive them, and you will have them.

MEDITATION

Sometimes I still find myself in disbelief of what I am requesting of God. For example, if it were regarding something like healing, do I really believe and expect it to become reality? Our prayers and petitions to God must move deeper than “hope” and into assured expectation. Hope is wavering on what the outcome will be. Assurance knows what is to come and anticipating its arrival. I want to be a believer. I want to be a receiver. I want to walk in all that God has promised me in this life.

No comments: